Friday, June 29, 2012

getting the hang of it

This has been a challenging week.  Single-parenting it while Nigel is in Fresno.  Working from home every day--taking calls while the kids careen in and out of my office.  Setting boundaries with a neighbor's child.  Helping my kids through the realization that this isn't vacation and we're not going back to California.  Wrangling the rabbit, who escaped during a transfer from backyard crate to indoor crate.  Figuring out the thermostat and the dishwasher and the washer/dryer.  Remembering which light switch controls what.  Remembering my new phone number.  Researching preschools and minivans.   Juggling meals around work calls--the 3 hour difference makes this tricky.  Finding the closest Target to buy socks and underwear.

Kids were happy to see the same climbable red balls


Today is Friday and I'm finally feeling like I have a grip, sort of.  Really glad the weekend is almost here and I'll be able to focus on the kids instead of constantly putting them off.

My go-to child distractor: Indiana Jones videos on YouTube.  Barrett acts out the scenes in full Indy regalia.


No meetings on Fridays so we took time this morning to visit the library and find a Haircuttery.  

Much better in this hot weather

I'm developing some habits, good and bad.  Started exercising again, first thing in the morning and then in the pool during adult swim, and I'm eating out less than I have been over the past few months.  But I'm still staying up too late and snacking while watching Louie (Louis CK) on Netflix. Ah well.  Any progress is a happy thing.

2 comments:

  1. Thank goodness for those red climbable balls! Your house looks beautiful! I can't imagine how difficult it is to work with them home but it sounds like you are managing! A move like this is a MAJOR life stressor. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those haircuts! And yay for Target red balls and Louie. Two things that are part of our lives here as well...

    ReplyDelete