Arrived at my parents house at 8:45 tonight. Deliriously happy to see my family again. What an amazingly perfect trip. Exhausted and grateful to be all together under 1 roof again.
Thank you Natalie for being the best travel buddy ever. For tolerating a seriously stinky bunch of plants and a machine-gun pooping rabbit. For Yelping the best restaurants and indulging my Starbucks habit and finding the wackiest roadside attractions. For bringing podcasts and snacks and a book to read aloud. For hamming it up whenever I asked you to (and egging me on too) and finding ways to wrangle a self timer. And most of all for giving me so much encouragement in following my heart's desire. I might have made it here without you but it wouldn't have been nearly as much fun.

Yay! Welcome HOME (both literally and figuratively). So happy you're all here.
ReplyDeleteGlad you all arrived safe and sound! Sounds like you had an amazing trip. Looking forward to seeing you in a few weeks!
ReplyDeleteYou made it! I have very much enjoyed reading both of your posts. Chattanooga: surprisingly cool! Can't wait to see you guys soon! Love to B, E and N!
ReplyDeleteAwwww, my friend...I had such a good time. Thanks for asking me to join you for the journey. It was just what I needed to start the summer off right. And it was a wonderful way to connect with you before your life in Arlington begins. I feel so lucky to have gotten that chance.
ReplyDeleteAnd now... I can't wait to return to Virginia to see your new place. EEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!
I am finally back in California tonight. All went well with the plane trip. Wow. The plane ride sure is faster than the road trip. But no where NEAR as much fun.
It sounds like you 2 had a blast! I'm so glad you were able to laugh the whole way. Otherwise it would have been a seriously looooooooong trip! Welcome home :)
ReplyDelete