Saturday, June 2, 2012

better now

Boy was I a crabby mess last night.  Feel so much better this morning, after a good night's sleep.  I took the shuttle to the Marriott and crashed out immediately.  The hotel was not paid for by United, because the delay was caused by weather (that tornado warning).

But this is going to be a post about gratitude! I need an attitude adjustment if I'm going to get through the next week without losing my grip every few minutes.

Today I'm grateful for:


  • A hot mocha from Starbucks
  • Sunshine
  • A husband who said "get a hotel room, do NOT sleep in the airport" 
  • Two kids who called me first thing this morning to tell me they love me
  • A hotel that sold 2 oz bottles of contact lens solution and gave me a free toothbrush
  • A shower with excellent water pressure
  • Marriott shuttle, which let me squish on at the last minute, both last night and this morning.
  • The possibility of catching an 11 am flight direct to Fresno, instead of a 2:30 pm via San Francisco
  • Sympathetic messages from friends responding to my sad texts and blog posts last night
  • Free wi-fi in the Denver Airport so I can get a little work done while I wait
  • Two plugs next to my seat so I can fly with both of my devices fully charged
  • My Cloudz cushion which is so soft and comfy--makes a great laptop cushion.
  • My parents who listened to my stressed out rants every day this week, and gave me calm encouragement.  Also, my dad who drove me to settlement yesterday and then directly to the airport. 
  • Moving to a location that has lots and lots of flights in and out of its 3 airports.
  • Living in a place where my friends return to regularly (forgot to mention seeing Anne on Sunday when she was home visiting her parents--we went to Lebanese Taverna for amazing food and just talked and talked--can't remember the last time we had a chance to catch up one on one--so nice)
  • Being on the other side of this move in 2 1/2 weeks



3 comments:

  1. Thatta girl. A good night's sleep is a wonderful thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hotel was a VERY good idea....I remember being stuck overnight at LaGuardia while I was still nursing. My baby was at home so I was pumping all night in the bathroom. I should have gotten the hotel because the stress of that night had me off kilter for weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor thing....you are almost done, sister! And then we hit the beach and the wine!

    ReplyDelete