Thursday, May 24, 2012

ouch

Just had my first non-Panera lunch in Virginia.  I'd never been to Firehouse Subs (http://www.firehousesubs.com/) before, but apparently it's a huge chain--hasn't made it out to Fresno yet, but there are some in the Denver area.  Anyway, I just found it amusing because we always comment on Panera's dominant demographic (women/kids).  Here I found the exact opposite: all men, behind the counter and in the restaurant.  Sports talk on the flat-screen TV.  Manly black/white/red color scheme, with photos of firefighters and firehouse artifacts.  (The food was delish too.)


Walking back to the office, I was NOT present--walking, drinking soda, leaving voicemails, and thinking about the rest of my day.  I missed stepping onto the curb, dropped my soda, and took a long, drawn-out, stumbling dive onto the sidewalk.  Not a faceplant, thank goodness--took the force of the fall on my wrists and hip.  

I may have sprained my wrist, but you'll be relieved to know: my new iPhone was not harmed.

4 comments:

  1. oh no. Ouch. I hate it when I do stuff like that. Luckily you didn't trip and fall into the terrifying koi pond!who knows what would have become of you....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hee! You know, as I was experiencing that slow-motion fall, I thought of you in that Hungarian train station: "The wiiiiiiiiiiine..." And it cheered me up. :-)

      MAN, am I sore today! Let's hope I'm over it by the time we take our roadtrip, or you'll have to hear about it ALLLLLL the way across America. :-)

      Delete
    2. I hope you're feeling better! Falls like that are so jarring (literally and figuratively). I was just thinking about the Hungarian train station fall the other day. I forgot about the wine!! Oh that makes me smile...

      Delete
  2. Sorry about the fall but so very happy we got to hang out last night. I still can't quite believe it's all real!

    ReplyDelete