Thursday, May 24, 2012

office space

On Monday, I arrived at my new office in Fairfax, Virginia.  I had been on a plane all night so I was running on about 3 hours of low-quality sleep.  But I was excited to see the place where I'll be working.  So I borrowed my mom's cute orange Chevy and scooted down I-66.


The building is absolutely lovely.

In front of the building is a fountain:

with some terrifying koi (this picture does not convey how huge and scary they are)

And a lovely place to sit outside and enjoy your lunch.



Unless you prefer to go to Panera (which is right across the street, along with a Starbucks!  Yeee-hawwww!)

There is a fancy shmancy foyer.  On the first day, they had an ice cream social for us here.  The CEO likes to do that for his employees during the summer months.


A grand staircase takes you downstairs, past the conference room:

 to the lower, windowless level where I sit:

This is the view from my desk:

I'm not complaining--not at all!  My new co-workers have been incredibly welcoming and friendly (though of course not as awesome as all of my Clovis peeps).  And my workspace is comfortable.  There's a fitness room (haven't tried it yet), a cafe onsite, and a Keurig coffee maker with a crazy assortment of coffees and teas.  This thing is so fancy, it even disposes of the little plastic K-cup for you.




I think I'm gonna like it here.

4 comments:

  1. Awesome! Looks like a really cool place. I hope we can all have a UXG par-tay there soon. Watch out for those "terrifying koi" :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Looks like great new digs. I'm glad things are working well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks beautiful! Panera AND Starbucks across the street? --totally jealous! We miss you here in Clovis !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man.....look at that phone!

    Glad you're settled in.

    ReplyDelete