Tuesday, September 11, 2012

September bliss

Holy cow.  This weather.  I can't even.  

View from Ella's bus stop
I am enjoying the heck out of these days.  Enjoying being home.  Enjoying the kids' enthusiasm about everything school-related.  (I realize it won't last, so I'm appreciating it while it's here.)  Glad to have drawers full of clean clothes and cabinets full of clean dishes and my suitcase parked on a shelf.

Spectacular Spiderman

Glad the mosquitoes are gone too.

Impromptu luncheon on the deck

Today I went in to the office for the first time in about a month.  Nice to be back at my dual monitor setup.  Mondays and Wednesdays I drop and pick up Barrett at school, so I spend the intervening 3 hours at a nearby Starbucks, coasting on the free wifi.  Traffic on that side of town kind of sucky--makes me grateful for my normal commute.

Do you guys know about Smashing Magazine's monthly wallpaper?  Each month, you can download an image with an embedded calendar.  I like to choose one that will inspire me--this month I picked September Bliss.


And while I'm in a linky mood, here are a few more:

  • Rebecca from Girl's Gone Child, on real-life friendships 
  • Ask Moxie, on mothering (the difference between the job and the relationship)
  • Linda from Mom, Interrupted, on fighting an addiction to electronics
  • And have you all read Gone Girl (by Gillian Flynn)?  Now that was a pageturner--best thing I've read in a while.  Oh wait, Wild by Cheryl Strayed also kicked ass.  Both recommendations courtesy of Corndog Queen.  What to read next?  Any recommendations?
  • Speaking of CQ, I loved the panda party she threw for Maggie's 9th birthday.  Martha Stewart better watch her back!  

4 comments:

  1. Drawers full of clean clothes and cabinets full of clean dishes. Yes ma'am. See ya soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, friend. If you were here, I would make you a panda cupcake.

    Glad you liked the books. I have got another. Just finished it last night -- "the White Tiger" about India. VERY well written. And I really liked the story. Dark, but funny. And sort of hopeful. Some of the sentences, and paragraphs though... so good I had to stop and read them out loud to Kevin!

    I can't tell you how pleased I am that you are at home for a while and enjoying a lovely Virginia Fall. Ahhhhh. So nice. Here? It is HOT. ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Football sky! Is that Andy luncheoning on your deck? :-) Things sound busy but peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm jealous. Fall has yet to truly arrive here. Glad you are finally settling in! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete